You want it? Exploration Instruments has it. Call us 512 346-4042For Rent
Non-Destructive Testing Tromino 3G Seismograph
Tromino 3G Seismograph for Modal Analysis of Structures
Item # 109566
TROMINO®, originally conceived for the dynamic characterization of subsoils, has been increasingly used for the operational modal analysis of structures to such an extent that this has become its primary application over the years. TROMINO® has been used on the most iconic structures worldwide, such as the Eiffel tower, the Golden Gate bridge in San Francisco, the Shanghai tower, the leaning tower of Pisa and many more.
The exclusive radio communication system among several units, the total lack of cables and external batteries, the light weights and small sizes, make working with networks of TROMINO® a unique experience.
Modal analysis of structures
Modal analysis of buildings, bridges, etc. in active or passive way. No need for external load/forces other than ambient microtremor:
a) Modal frequencies (1 Tromino® is sufficient),
b) Modal shapes (2 Tromino® are sufficient but under stationary noise 1 Tromino® is enough to determine the first flexion mode shape),
c) Modal damping (1 Tromino® is sufficient).
Want to know more about the many different ways to employ this device?
- Applications Note
- Dynamic Characterization of the Eiffel Tower - please request from Elsevier or the authors
The system is equipped with:
- 3 velocimetric channels with adjustable dynamic range and ultra-high sensitivity for seismic ambient noise recordings (up to ±1.5 mm/s ~) and lower sensitivity but higher dynamics for strong anthropic vibrations (up to ± 5 cm/s)
- 3 accelerometric channels
- 1 analog channel (e.g., external trigger for MASW/refraction)
- Built-in GPS receiver, internal and/or external antenna for positioning and absolute timing/synchronization among different units
- Built-in radio transmitter/receiver module for indoor/outdoor synchronization among different units and alarm transmission (e.g., signal above threshold levels)
- Built-in calibration and check-up system
- Operating range: 0.1 - 1024 Hz on all channels with A/D conversion at 24 real bits
- External Radio Trigger
Call 512 346-4042 (TX) or 717 303-5406 (PA) to reserve